Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hatched a Bad Egg


Enlarge the picture and and you can see where I have cut a hole in the back part of the deck. This is the opening for the hatch (storage compartment). Well this is about the time I realized that I have made a serious mistake. I made my cut on the wrong side of the ring I was using for the pattern. I went inside and I was suppose to go around the outside. I figured this out when I could not get the reinforcements inside the opening. The ring is visible on top of the rear deck. Only only about a 2 inch mistake. What now?? One thing I can hang my hat on at this moment is every time someone gets on the builders forum with a goof up the experienced builders say "everything can be fixed". We will see.
My wonderful wife thinks she has a solution. We will see.
Anyway by now I have enlarged the opening and have gone ahead and put in the reinforcements and glued that in place. When we put the deck and hull together for the last time we will try Carol's fix.
After the epoxy cures the deck and hull are separated once again so I can apply fiberglass tape to all the seams.

No comments:

Post a Comment